Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The One with the TOSHIBA TV

Many things have happened over the past week. But I believe the drowning of my ibook pales in comparison to this:

An Oregon man discovered earlier this month that his year-old Toshiba flat-screen TV was emitting an international distress signal picked up by a satellite, leading a search and rescue operation to his apartment in Corvallis, Oregon, 110km south of Portland.

"They'd never seen signal come that strong from a home appliance," said van Rossmann. "They were quite surprised. I think we all were."

Toshiba contacted Rossmann and offered to provide him with a replacement set for free, he said.

I guess this staples my impression of the Toshiba brand.

By the way, I'm using a Toshiba laptop now.

Ho Hum.

1 comment:

cinewhore said...

I think a good friend of mine is actually from Corvallis, OR. Cool.