Friday, October 08, 2004

The One with the FF4 Variant Box Set

Got news during an otherwise boring and sleepy Torts tutorial today that the FF4 Variant boxset was out at Sengkang. Metro Sengkang. The new place where collectors are flocking to, to get their variants at retail. Not surprisingly, me being more learned in such a situation immdiately messaged back to ask the guy to reserve 2 sets for me. But I don't know if it was just me, or did he not understand. I wanted 2 sets. One to open and play and subesequently put into custom elektra - sue storm packaging as well my dr doom and torch opened packaging. The guy said that Spawnasia was cheaper. Asked me to head down to check. Basically refusing to help me make a simple 10 cent phone call. By the time around 1hr plus later when I got confirmation that there were no variants at Spawnasia, it was too late. My only chance at the FF4 variant box set was gone. I was pretty pissed. But could only blame myself for not leaving my class to make a phone call. Or to call between lessons. I had 2 minutes of break. But the fucker at Sengkang refused to answer the phone. Irritating sia. Due to all these DUMB factors. I shall have to source for it on the secondary market for $100. Thanks very fucking much. Not being able to use it to do custom packaging isn't that bad if I have ONE. But I have NONE.

Sigh.

Update on my Phasing Vision trade. I've offered Goliath Series 4, Giant Man with Ant man and Wasp, Hobgoblin and $65 in exchange for a Phasing Vision and a Goliath Series 7. I roughly make out that I'm paying $100 for Phasing Vision and exchanging the Goliath 1:1. Sad. Devaluation. But I NEED IT.

This makes me one step closer to completing my Marvel Legends Series. Now I've just got Unmasked Wolverine Series 3 left. Currently there's one on ebay. I intend to win that. :) On a lighter note. I am seriously considering getting single carded figures for Series 6. If so, I will probably sell off my Series 6. I'm already going to pay $50 for 3 figures. I estimate myself paying $25, $20 and $10 USD for Phoenix, Deadpool and Juggernaut respectively. (USD) And maybe $50USD for Phonenix chase. Followed by $15USD for Cable chase. Total $120USD. Which is like. $200. Fuck. Abit not worth it. Better take it slowly.

Went straight to eusoff after lesson to get Joann to go clark quay. Why am I not surprised that I had to wait close to 1/2hr for her? Especially after finding her sleeping when I reached. Sigh..

Good thing was that I did go down to Spawnasia today. Disappointed abit la. No variants. Paid $39.90 for FF4 and $59.90 for Sinister 6. Then paid a further $59.90 for LOTR: Gates of Mordor. Quite bad. Decided AGAINST an additional $68 for Mazda RX8 white to open. This weekend I'm paying: $65, $50, $8. That's bad. Not making a profit. At all. Should start my auctions soon. Maybe I should call DBS bank tomorrow and ask about the paypal thing. I have like $90USD sitting there. Hmm.

Had a nice chicken rice dinner at Harbourfront the MRT there the hawker centre. Nice and cheap. $3.50 for chicken, rice, veggie and soup. Value meal sia. And met auntie Emily there. Nice to see her and pooh bear still together. Ha.. 30 and still going strong! You go auntie! Gf was feeling very jumpy today. Quite dangerous. 1) She might fall and disfigure her knee again 2) She might bang into me and disfigure my toys (which she did). But what to do. I'm not supposed to be angry. Suck it up.. suck it up..

Harbourfront was pretty boring. And sad that we were lugging the 3 box sets around. Or it'll be a tad more interesting. She wanted to go walk around and lang man lang man. (romantic) But seriously. How romantic can I get whilst I'm carrying my huge boxsets and walking around? I feel that I disappoint her sometimes. But she has a choice.. she chose a toy fan and well. This is what she gets la. When I'm not carrying stuff I'm better. Really. But subjected to certain conditions. 1) Don't whine at me too much. It'll turn me off 2) Repeat number one. Basically I find myself having a short tolerance for whiners. Not that I'm targetting her. But those in law also. Whiners. Turn me off. Real off.

So we had a nice dinner. After kai kai abit in Harbourfront (I wouldn't mind walking more, but was carrying stuff) I opted to be lazy and take cab. But cab queue damn long. No choice. Took bus. Took quite fast actually. But had to stand. So we got back to school. All's well. She fell asleep again whilst I was taking a bath. And she had to leave asap coz I had the Sheares Kent Ridge Mooncake Festival thingy on at 9. It was like 8:30. Right after she left, I went up to 7th floor. Still didn't know alot of the people. So it's was abit weird. But later they all came down to visit my room. So it was slightly better. At least today I didn't have to clean 20 dishes. I basically took a bath after that event and slacked. And made a call to Gilson to bitch about my FF4 Variant. Sigh.

Why's Toybiz doing this. I am so fucking pissed. And how can I get rid of the unwanted stuff I have at home?

And later gf is coming over for a sleepover. Will be a hot (not the pervertic kind, but the weather kind) night again.

Sleepy. Basketball trials at 5-7 tomorrow. Plus Operation Dead Penguin. Will I be sober enough to post?

Time will tell.

No comments: