Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Welfare!

My friend from SMU just msn'd me regarding some $5 ticket for a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory screening booked by her school. That's exactly what Sam brought up during the rally and something which is definately under welfare. I'm not mad or anything, but I was surprised that I had the same idea as well and generally the same chunk of stuff about changing the physical aspects of Law Fac. It seems as though I just might be able to work better with Sam than Bob. But then again. I'm sure Bob would be equally accomodating to whatever changes proposed. Tough.

In the event that I don't get elected (which is quite high still considering I think Siew Men's campaign materials are very nice and Sam,Shue,Susie & Fav's posters are literally being seen EVERYWHERE) I've already joined up with the BTC committee. So I'll still get to contribute. In fact, I see a vast overlap between the BTC committee and the position of welfare secretary and publications. Dunno how to get around that, but the BTC committee is going down next week to survey the campus. Should be exciting!

Maybe I ought to get the E-block banner design out today. Get it painted tomorrow. I did promise the blockhead that it's gonna be due next Monday. Darn. Have the idea already. Bought the cloth already. Just no drive to do it alone. Supposed to get the freshies from hall to paint. But honestly la. How would I know who they are? Hall orientation was a blur. Didn't even attend due to matric week preparations. Just 5 mins before they were called down to block initiation, I had a tummy ache and went to shit. Missed the entire saga. Again it seems as though I was damn anti-social. But the fact was that shit happens. Maybe the banner would become a one-man show. My magic 8 ball agrees with me.

Then again there's CLT readings. So many pages. So little time.

But enough about silly things. Since yesterday was the rally, there wasn't much to do. Today was spent distributing FREE TISSUE to the freshies. There's even a small basket at the law fac counter. What's amazing was that we actually managed to distribute all 130 packets at LT 15 (Jackson Eng took 4 pkts!). The basket at the counter moved alot slower. It was for the year 3s and 4s. But who I saw taking the tissues were CONTRACTORS, DELIVERY MEN and TUTORS. Not exactly our target audience but charity la.

And so ended a short day of only 1 tutorial. The turnout for repro was very small but the nasi lemak was sedap! (nods to shoo) My property law tutor was the author of the book I photocopied page for page. Ouch. Can't bring it into tutorial anymore. Sigh. Finally, I can't seem to leave my room to go library study. Think I'll nap.

Inertia!

No comments: