Monday, August 01, 2005

Harry Pothead

To those like Jackson that are too niaow to fork out $42 for the Half-Blood Prince, here are some spoilers. Snape is the Half-Blood Prince. Snape killed Dumbledore. Harry and Ginny get it on. Ron and some random get it on. Some giant spider dies. There's a funeral. That about sums up the Half-Blood Prince. 600+ pages of the most forced writing I have ever read. Unconvincing menopausic Harry Potter just doesn't come off as anything but irritating. I should wag my finger at the book editors for not cutting this piece of trash down to side. Just because the woman made millions doesn't mean that whatever she writes is gold. Ever wondered why the first 3 books were so thin? 2 words: Legal writing. After that, it was unedited trash all the way. Whoopie. Despite all that and the cliche ending, I actually will still buy the seventh book to read. Damn. It's not as if I'm hooked, but somehow this newest volume is just lacking in substance and leaves us not hanging in suspense but rather go.. wtf? It's over? But nothing barely happened! Hey, if I wanted Seinfeld, I'd have watched it on my tv instead. I still have 3/4 of season 4 to go which I put aside for this... for the lack of a better word, brick.

But as we all know, book seven will be out in like 2 years. Another long piece of indigestible trash which everyone will pick up because we have to see how Harry manages to destroy the Voldemort. Curiosity killed the cat I'd say. Know what the ending to this brick was? ImaGen the ending of Batman Begins and Spiderman. Ya know... the part about the hero giving up the girl for a greater cause? Exactly. Disappointing through and through. I think I should start on Neverwhere next. At least Gaiman's consistant.

Now to nurse my throbbing headache and try to salvage my hair after my disasterous haircut.

No comments: