Thursday, August 25, 2005

KTP visits mambo

For those that know what KTP stands for; shush. For those that don't know, I'm not telling. I made a rare decision to visit Zouk yesterday. Very very rare. The ta.... ta... sorry. My good friends will know that I do not usually visit Zouk nor any other club (e.g. Double O, DXO) unless twas a law bash. Budden Weitan msg'd and jio one abit hard to refuse. Afterall, we did jio him out at like 4am before. So tit for tat, I'm obliged to go. It seemed like a good break from the hectic week too. So. What the heck.

Little did I know that there was the biz bash going on at Zouk. No really. I didn't know. I'm like the least informed of all the clubbin clubbin stuff ya? Anyway, when we finally reached at 1+am, it was packed. There already were drunk girls puking their guts out on the streets and inside, drunk girls were lying in the arms of lecherous freshies (and seniors alike) whilst the guys contemplated the next move. Unfortunately I didn't drink much. Which meant there was no replay of DXO whereby I simply enjoyed laughing at anything and everything. I think it was a bit more fun then, but alcohol is expensive and I really have to get up the next day for an 11am lecture.

So there we were, a few of us standing in a circle waiting for the music to get better when I started noticing what the crowd (or rather the people on the podium) were actually doing. Any of you remember on National Day when we all had to say the pledge together and there'll be a small insert on your tv screen with this mute person doing hand signals (sign language) of all the words in the pledge? Ever wondered what those people did in between the yearly National Day Parade performance and probably some miscellaneous RTM programmes? Apparently they congregate at Zouk on wednesday nights (in mambo) specifically for the task of translating the song lyrics which the DJ spins. So imagine when the song mentions rain, on cue as if it were some unspoken language, all of them would stretch out their arms, palms open whilst wriggling their fingers and cascading their arms down with the tempo. Rain. Heart would be something like a heart shape formed with thumbs and forefingers of both your hands put together. Free would be outstretched arms with an expression of jubilance on their faces. You get the drift. It was hilarious and made for great night entertainment whilst we waited for the music to get better. It never really did.

I heard that it was the Manchester United (v. Everton?) match that night. As a soccer match was telecast live on your television sets, a basketball match was held in Phuture at the same time. Amazingly the score was pretty much the same. Three goals for Manchester United, and 3 balls were scored for the basketball match. But I think one was a three pointer and the other two were single point free throws. But it was too dark so I couldn't be sure. Details were hazy for the night though I didn't drink much primarily because there were just too many people around. If not for the bash, I would think we'd have more space. Oh well. It WAS a much needed break. *I can be so lerky, lerky lerky lerky...*

PS: Weitan owes us drinks...

No comments: