Monday, August 22, 2005

Have I mentioned...

that I hate my room? Just this morning I finally finished (to a certain degree) my Company Law tutorial. It was already 4am when I finally switched off the lights and curled up in bed expecting a good rest. But then I realised that it was bloody noisy. The location of the room has betrayed me once again. My room faces the business slope and there was this big drain like downstairs. Taking into account that it just drizzled and whatnot, the drain was therefore bustling with night life. Crickets were out in full string (in the grass near the drain) and the frogs in the drain were going at it like there was no tomorrow. Yes. There were frogs fucking. Fucking frogs. You could almost hear the rhythm in their pumping. UWA UWA UWA UWA UWA UWA UWA followed by hectic UWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWAUWUWAUWA... until they were exhausted UWA .... UWA .... UWA .... UWA .... and they didn't stay long being exhausted. It was almost a Seinfeld episode when after like 10 minutes of vigorious vocal and physical activity, they actually went all quiet... for like all of 20 seconds which lulled me into the false sense of security that it was all over. I took the pillow off my head... then the UWA UWA UWA UWA resumed. UGH.

I think it took me till around 5am to sleep. Thanks to the frogs which I once thought were cute when I was still staying at the other room. Again, the morning traffic roused (roused, not Aroused!) me. Cars and buses (Damn that bloody A2 revvvvvving to get up the frickin slope...) joined in the cacophony of assorted noises which never fail to annoy and force me out of my nice slumber before my alarm rang. (I mean looking at the time of the post, you can see that I'm NOT supposed to be up!) Finally, the killing blow was dealt by the bloody security outpost. You know the yellow pillar of confidence that a student was supposed to activate in the event that he was pursued by a murderer or she by a rapist? It has a direct line to the campus security HQ and ya, it's supposed to make alot of noise (think a high pitched ear annoying siren) once activated. Well some idiot student or random passerby activated it at around 8am. I climbed out of my bed to locate the source of annoyance and found the bloody thing flashing its siren and whining its high pitch cry for help. With no dying or half naked student in sight. What a letdown.

This is getting ridiculous. I can't sleep through that. Even after closing the windows and drawing the blinds I can still hear the incessant siren. It seems as though I'm destined to take an evening nap later. Sigh. To quote a song "And you don't know what it's like... Welcome to my life..." Indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$1 ear plugs from co op. solves ur prob instantly. trust me. my room is 15m away frm the bus terminal that dispatches both A1 AND A2 from 7 am every morning at 4-7 min intervals. u know how noisy their engines can get. throw in my noisy creaky fan.

우찌유 said...

Budden... what if I can't hear my alarm?! Haha.. (and you come to school talk to me also never remove the ear plugs... dun wanna hear my voice rite... gRrrRrrR)