Monday, August 15, 2005

I hate my room

I hate my room. It's not just hot. It's noisy. It's also very far from the toilet. But that doesn't really matter.

Why is it hot? It's facing the west and we all know the sun sets in the west. The afternoon to evening sun basically stares down through my window and even invades the lower panels of the room just to make my feet sweat. It's like a boiling suana in here every single day. Which is why I think I'll be chilling out in the library more often from now on. Come back after dark. Mug.

Why is it noisy? Lemme see. It's just along one of the main roads where cars pass by to get out of NUS towards Pasir Panjang. I have 2 confirm wake up calls every morning. Morning 0845 the garbage truck will come into KR to collect rubbish. It's FUCKING LOUD. That's because it's just under my window. Then later at 9am without fail, there'll be a congestion at the junction just outside KR and some anal taxi driver would be so inclined to give a series of loud horns just to speed things up. These two wake up calls ensure that I wake up by 9am every single fucking morning.

Any other noisy moments? Well let's see. After the 845 and 9am wake up call, I'll get to sleep in for 1 more hour till 10am from Tues to Fri thanks to my 11am lectures/tutorials. However, inbetween that period, confirm I'll be woken up at least once by mynahs. Oh yes. If you thought minahs were bad. Mynahs are worse. They'll just perch outside my window and bitch about losing that big fat worm they failed to get because they woke up late. Bloody hell. Oh i almost forgot. At night, some idiots like to pretend that the road outside my window is one of the mountain roads in Initial D and speed through it with a souped-up engine.

Oh I hate my room.

Now people may be thinking. Senior, year 2 already. Didn't you get to choose your own room? Yes I did. And didn't. I chose a nice room facing the sea on the other wing. I remember that day. After settling for the sea-view room, this block-comm guy came up to me and asked if I would like to stay beside him in this wing. Where I am currently. I was like... why? He said come stay beside him, so he can jio me for activities. Coz when I stayed at the other side last year I was damn quiet. So I was like really ah? He say jio me down easier. So I stupidly okayed it. Then he immediately turned around and booked the entire sea view wing for himself and his friends from the first floor. How interesting. Lying to me just to get MY room. Bastard.

Nevermind. There's karma in this world. I might get to employ him next time. Then he'll be allocated to the only room in the office without air con. See how he likes it.

All this staying in my boiling room is making me grumpy. I can't wait to move to BTC.

UGH.

No comments: