Sunday, February 20, 2005

We are the Champions~

Finally after dunno how many years, NUS Windsurfing Club has officially taken back the Inter Varsity Challange Trophy from NTU. After 2 days of races and 6 races in total, I've managed a placing of overall 4th. Which isn't that swell considering that only the first 3 placings 1-3 are counted when tallying up the score for the varsities. Oh well. Personal achievement I think. It isn't everyday that one can safely say that he was planing whilst doing a course. Muahaha.

On another note, a SMU twerp ruined the rest of my day by trying to be politically correct. Our entire event was over and there was this buffet dinner for all participants. I was quite tired and pissed coz I had to get home but they were forever going on with the photo taking. So after all the photos were taken, I headed for the buffet table to grab a bite since my dinner wasn't done yet when I called home to check. There was this group of SMU people taking photos around the buffet area, so surveying the scene, I grabbed a plate and proceeded to join the queue where I thought it was the last person, in that the others were talking and taking photographs. So I then started taking the plastic utensils when this twerp came up behind me and asked, 'Do you know there's a queue?' Then I went 'yeah., I'm in it'. He went 'no you're not, all these other people are in the queue before you and he gestured to the group of SMU fuckers giggling and chatting in a disorderly fashion which in no way resembled a queue. I was running late, so I didn't wanna start anything up even though this boy sorely needed a good telling to and was majorly pissing me off. So I just went straight to the end of the line, behind people that weren't there in the first place and just proceeded to wait for my turn. But no. He wasn't gonna stop there. He had to talk somemore. I believe he said something to the effect of 'dare to cut queue when people are queuing up' which got me pissed because wasn't it supposed to be over when I've moved to the end of the line? Haven't you won your little victory? No siree... He HAD to add that. So I had to reply. I actually apologised. I said 'I'm sorry, but you guys were talking and taking pictures all over the place, I THOUGHT that my place was the end of the queue..." To which he GLEEFULLY exclaimed. 'YOU THOUGHT? YOU THOUGHT? Queuing up cannot talk and take photo one arh?!' Wah. Like that best la. If I didn't manage to control myself, I would have blown up and given him the worst verbal abuse he would have ever heard since his army days. Instead I dismissed him with a simple 'Whatever fuck'.

Seriously. Children nowadays should be taught manners. Sigh. I might be vulgar. But at least I'm polite. So, screw you SMU twerp.

11 comments:

"bill" said...

did they lose to you guys or something? is that why he's so sore about it? slap that fucker!

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow NUS Windsurfers,
I am Weili from SMU Windsurfing team. One of my team mates happened to come across this blog and I feel our team owe you guys an apology. First of all, let me on behalf of my team mate say sorry to you (Zhiyou). I have identified that guy and hope this matter can be put to rest. He admitted it was his bad attitute that cause the whole thing to happen.
I sincerely hope this matter will not affect both varsity relationship :)
Hope to see you guys at PA soon and sorry once again.

b|az said...

woah...so diplomatic...i was joking about finding the guy and beating him up...i'd probably hide behind the nearest bush or something...

yupz yupz...see you guys at PA...it'll be FANtastic to have all of us surf together once again!

wu zhiyou! where's your tagboard!?

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys :)
It's really been fun for both the NTU Open and ITWC.
As the main co-ordinator of the SMU team, I am thinking of organising a 3 varsity get together camp. It might not be a very grand one but a simple informal type. After the races, we seldom get to interact and it's only through interaction can we bring the sport to a higher level. Currently, we are trying to get more people interested to join our club but as a niche sport, it's been a challenge.
Therefore, I hope we can first have a 3 varsity com-members camp after the exams. From there, we can work out and hopefully get a big combined varsity freshies camp!
That will indeed to a great event to push Windsurfing to the next level and get more students expose to this fantastic sport.

ps. just a personal view on how to get more students interested in the sport. All suggestions welcome :)

Anonymous said...

There are some really strange postings on We are the Champions~. Surely, if people wanted information on stuffwork. go windsurfing t-shirts, they would visit a site such as wind forecasts and get all the info on wind forecasts.

Anonymous said...

Searching for info on stuffwork go windsurfing can be tedious, but posts like yours help to energize me and keep me looking. Even though We are the Champions~ is not an exact match for stuffwork go windsurfing, I'll continue browsing, and hope to find more gems like this.

Anonymous said...

Hi 우찌유 There I was just cruising the web looking for info on windsurfing t-shirts and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into We are the Champions~ and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on windsurfing.

Anonymous said...

Hello 우찌유 I was just browsing the net looking for stuff on windsurfing t-shirts and came across your site. Although I enjoyed visiting We are the Champions~ it is not really what I'm looking for, but if ever you are looking for some great windsurfing gear, then please visit our site.

Anonymous said...

Hello 우찌유 I was just browsing the net looking for stuff on windsurfer and came across your site. Although I enjoyed visiting We are the Champions~ it is not really what I'm looking for, but if ever you are looking for some great windsurfing gear, then please visit our site.

Anonymous said...

Searching for info on surfer t-shirts can be tedious, but posts like yours help to energize me and keep me looking. Even though We are the Champions~ is not an exact match for surfer t-shirts, I'll continue browsing, and hope to find more gems like this.

Anonymous said...

Hello 우찌유 I was just browsing the net looking for stuff on surfer t-shirts and came across your site. Although I enjoyed visiting We are the Champions~ it is not really what I'm looking for, but if ever you are looking for some great windsurfing gear, then please visit our site.