Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ooo..

Those whom know who I'm talking about should go check out the resident whiner's page. It's got a new post with pictures of Law Ball. And captions of 'my good friend xxx' and various other captions which make me cringe. He really reminds me of Wubing alias Stormxpress. Whom still owes me $300 or my X-men statutes back. Anyway, he didn't credit Melissa for the flowers he stole from her to take pictures with. Oh well. I credit her here. Melissa's nice flowers given by Ziliang are in the last picture.

Here's a bit of info for people that have missed Constantine's additional short after the credits have finished rolling. Apparently they have a segment after the credits which I missed too: Constantine goes to Chatz's grave and Chatz is seen to have become an angel. Nothing much hur. Irritating thing is, Chatz is like one of the few constant characters in the book and it isn't very right to see him die. Much less become an angel. Sigh. Oh well. Whiner boy commented that Constantine wasn't that fantastic. I guess they tried to put over quite alot of things in too short a span of time. If you've read the books, it'll be easier to understand many things (like underlying tones and all) and I'm quite happy that many scenes were lifted straight from the books. Afterall, a comic is practically a bona fide storyboard. So much easier to shoot I'd say. Overall I'd say I preferred Constantine very much over Elektra. No questions there. But Keanu wasn't bastard enough. John Constantine is the worst bastard you'll ever meet. Seriously. He goes through friends like water. He's the type that won't call you back after he's done with you. That is if you even survive after meeting him, cause it's a trend that all his new friends die on him. Except Chatz, and in fact, even the Priest is still supposedly alive la I think. Though the movie was adapted from Garth Ennis' version of Hellblazer, I much prefer the Warren Ellis writings. Especially Hellblazer: Haunted. It's about Constantine looking for the killer of his ex-girlfriend. And her name was... Isabelle! So maybe they picked up her name from here.. Hard Time by Brian Azzarello's not bad too. It's about how Constantine went to prison after handing a gun back to a suicidal man in the loo and the guy killed himself infront of Constantine. So he had to do time. And you'll go crazy seeing how such a big bastard John is and how he managed to turn the prison upside down... just by being a bastard. Amazing stuff. Try to read it if you can get your paws on it.

Finally, I'll like to comment on Jack Neo's 'I do, I do'. Just a short comment. Like... how the media blows up his shooting within 31 days (or is it 30?) as a 'feat' and holds it as a 'record'. I say thee nay! What happened to substance? What has happened to the singapore film industry if they're embracing a slipshod rushed job as 'another Jack Neo classic'? Not that I support Jack Neo's film nor consider them classic. The only classic they'll ever be to me would be 'classic example of a piece of shit'. Or something to that extent. I don't even have to watch it to know that it sucks. Bad. As does any other Jack Neo film if the audience actually understood what crap they were watching. By understood I mean how they've been suckered for a ride in parting with their cash to watch his trash. Jack Neo should just either be unoriginal and continue adapting or doing remakes like Home Run (from a beautiful Children of Heaven) which could actually get the cute little girl a Golden Horse award, or just disappear if he intends to do another piece of holiday crap like 'I do, i do'. Again I'm not in favour of Home Run. I don't like it. I don't like how he treats the audience like idiots, explains everything away (basically like hitting you on the head with a hammer going: THIS IS MY IDEA, THIS IS WHAT I WANT YOU TO THINK.. etc etc) and how he likes to pepper stupid and I do mean STUPID social-political issues into what could have been a potentially ok movie. Children quarrelling over water ala the Singapore-Malaysia water issue? Please lah. Just stop trying please. Anyway, I guess from my rant here that nothing good ever comes out of Jack Neo should convince at least some of you to stop spending money on his crap. Now shoo. Go convince your parents.

3 comments:

"bill" said...

hey so do you have any copies of the novels? could i take a look-see?

and why did you change your profile nick to Z. ? mis-leading.... haha

우찌유 said...

hahah. ppl think is u rite? on purpose one.. so if somebody comes along and sees this, he'll think is u flaming him and not me.. i will still remain anonymous!

ya, can lend u but it's all at home. i presume u're talking about the hellblazer comics?

cinewhore said...

Eh, I can't find the Hellblazer comics. Where'd you put them after you rearranged all the comics?

And trust me, people in the production biz KNOW it was a rush job. We think it looks like shit too. LOOKS, as in Home Run looks pretty but this looks like shit. No comment on content, we all know how it is.