Saturday, July 16, 2005

There's something about Harry

It's here. In 3 more hours, Singapore Post will deliver my Half-Blood Prince right to my doorstep without me having to leave the house. How to find such convinience plus 10% off you ask me? Heh. Sure. I might regret it 1 year down the road when it's in clearance for $7.95. But sometimes it's just worth that extra effort and money just so that you don't lose out. We all know that we hate losing out.

Afterall, what's $40.16 when certain individuals can win $57 in a single night of mahjong? It's like a source of income, mahjong. Except for me and liangwei, it's more of a bottomless pit whereby we just dump our hard-earned moolah and watch it swirl and swirl and swirl before vanishing with a loud 'HU'~! Or worse. 'ZI MO'~! I wonder if there'll actually be a crowd at SingPost tommorrow morning in anticipation of the arrival of Harry Potter. Would there be a queue? Maybe. Would it be on the papers? Most definately. I'm awaiting the arrival of the morning papers in which Harry Potter would probably be splashed across the front page. Headlines.

Do you realise that as one reads Harry Potter, the character of Hermonie is on extremely good terms with Harry but over these 5 years, they've been nothing but very good platonic friends? There's food for thought. If there ever were a better example of platonic friendship, you need not look further than Harry Potter. The ideal illustration would be Harry swooning over Cho and ignoring Hermonie. Interesting. 1 year and he's crazy over her. He watched Hermonie grow up and fill out and he doesn't even consider her? Tsk tsk tsk. How blind is he. Oh well. Ideal platonic relationship. I'm sure we all can learn from them.

As one might realise I have to be extremely bored to type that crap.

That I am.

That I am.

2 comments:

cinewhore said...

I wanna read the book where they get it on. Maybe a whole wizards' orgy. Imagine, with all the spells flying around, how fun that would be!

Genitalius Erectus!

Anonymous said...

toldya platonic friends remain platonic friends grinz.

u know who :)