Friday, July 08, 2005

It's Thursday right? Random thoughts.

Ever since I destroyed my Samsung S200, I've lost track of the day and date. I'm so used to flipping open my phone and seeing the calender page just there. Easy to plan stuff. Easy to keep track of what day it actually is. In fact, no need to flip also can. On the cover there's a window that has the day, date and time. Not so for the Nokia 8910 I'm currently using. It's a hand me down. Before people start commenting that it's a nice phone, I'll have to say first that it's faulty. The spring's very excited to come popping out of the cover. (No xh, it's not just happy to see you...) and the phone will periodically switch itself off. Quite jialat la. But useable. Better than my Samsung which doesn't ring and depending on its mood allows or disallows you to make a phone call. It's kinda like tikam. With my luck, it usually doesn't work when it matters. Only good for sms.

Had a really really weird dream this morning. I dreamt I was back at Chicago. I was at some sort of sale. Clothes sale I think. I was like in the guy's section and was buying some clothes then I remembered that I had to help Mel buy some clothes too. So I made a long distance call and got her measurements. Surprisingly, once I stepped out of the store, it started snowing. I did get caught in a snowstorm in Chicago when I was there and it wasn't very comfortable. With snow going up your nostrils and into your eyes, you're basically squinting and walking... and you can't see much but whiteness. This was worse. I could barely stand. My brother and a friend were infront of me but I just couldn't catch up. Suddenly after walking a block we reached OSCARS and the snow stopped. It became sunny and that was when I woke up. Quite a silly Rick Vetch moment really.

Today was yet another day spent outside of my humble abode. Not intentional, but things just happen. Had to make a very tough decision today because Jailani played me out again. I swear I'm gonna string that melayu up someday and beat the shit out of him. Then again, that's not exactly me. I've had quite a lot of people testing my patience these past few days and I'm happy to say that its still very much intact. i've discovered that having low expectations really help. It's what gets us by I guess. We're ready for disappointment. So when it hits, it's not that bad. Not that I'm disappointed with stuff going on generally. I'm just surprised at how different people handle the same things differently. I mean has anyone heard about Bob's dirty-dancing with an okay looking freshie? Neither have I... until today. Then I realised that I'm still going nowhere. Heh. As I said to Mein over chicken rice, I'll probably turn gay and be a god-father to all their kids. That'll be fun. Except the gay part. No real intention to do that. Sorry to disappoint.

Unlike some, I know preceisely what I want. Except that I can't describe it until I see it. So that's pretty much the same as not knowing what I want ya? Figures. It's the same for mahjong. I can sit at the table and lose $7 (not as bad as Liangwei. Lost $17) in a span of 5 hrs. I won only a few times and most of the times I could have won earlier if not for my hesitation in asking for help to check whether I can actually HU the game. Most of the time I don't even know what suite I'm playing. Blur... (Just PONG all the way) Heh. Oh well. All in the name of fun. Kudos for Shoo for organizing. We really do need one more night before school starts. But maybe the table with BL shouldn't play money. Very painful losing $6.30 at a go. Ouch.

But before all that, we actually celebrated kitty's birthday. With what else but a HELLO KITTY PRESENT and HELLO KITTY CAKE. Super overkill. Even though we spent $124 at Coffee Connection (Can't remember the name. 3 second memory kicking in...) they refused to let us CONSUME the cake on the premesis. We can sing the birthday song, blow the candle, cut the cake, but we can't eat it. Amazing eh. What's even more amazing was that before I reached, someone messaged me asking me to turn on the telly. But I couldn't coz I was driving. So I called Jailani to check out the tube and sure enough, there was a breaking story. London tube kenna bomb. Even though April said it was expected (thanks to her BL), I certainly didn't expect it. Why would a fucking terrorist want to bomb London just because they won the bloody vote to hold the 2012 olympics? Are they jealous Afgan or Iraq didn't win (or not considered)? Weird. Logic given was that it was revenge for the British soldiers kiiling their brothers in Iraq. Ah well. As usual, fucked up logic. I've had enough of terrorist or near terrorist activities. I recall just days ago when I drove past the IOC area using my handphone. For a moment forgetting that it was chock full of policemen. Luckily my passenger was able to remind me in time that 1) there were many policemen and 2) I was obviously driving whilst talking on the phone coz the phone was facing the driver side glass. They couldn't have missed it if they were looking my way. Luckily they weren't. They were too busy strip-searching the people heading into Raffles City. Too busy looking for potential terrorists. Heh.

As the days draw nearer to RnF (which has been postponed for 1 more week!), I find that I am constantly telling myself to relax, cool down and think less. Ah yes. Less brain-work, more satisfaction. This weekend's gonna be great (think positive!). Will be setting up a stall at CSC. Hopefully I get to clear stuff from my house (thinking VERY positive). A large portion of it. Not in it for the money. I'm more in it for the space. Since I have nothing on tomorrow, I just might start packing for Sunday. In any case people wanna tompang their stuff to sell, just pass to me or Victor. Anybody wanna sell their BKK stuff? Heh. Talking about BKK, I'm going again. Hopefully I can get to hit the beach and do a bit of WSF. I wonder if they still have it there. I wonder alot tonight. Maybe because I had a big cuppa coffee to prevent myself sleeping at the wheel and it proved too effective. Can't sleep now. Don't laugh. You do I curse you. Humph.

I wonder how insominacs feel. This reminds me about the German film fest. Or was it French. Maybe it's french. I had the priviledge of watching this amazing film about an insomniac and his life. Quite interesting really. Maybe the interested people can find the review in my older posts. Maybe.

Eyes threatening to shut. I think it's about time I turned in.

(I still dunno how to JUSTIFY the post~)

No comments: