Thursday, July 07, 2005

I dislike motorcyclists - generally

As I was driving home today up the ECP, I realised that there were blue and red flashing lights in my rearview mirror. Checking my speed, I discovered that I was only at 80 and going up the slope at beach road hitting the ECP. Hmmm. They can't have been after me. As the TP came nearer, I made out that he was signalling for me to stay to the extreme left lane of the 2 lane slope road. After they reached the top of the slope (and the bridge), they started stopping traffic. To let 3 cars pass. IOC cars. Not bad. They could do waving with one hand and the other on the handle bar at 100km/h. Respect.

Melanie (not Law) was sitting in my car and she too was awed by the sight of the TP clearing the road. Soon our conversation drifted to the Taxi hit motorcycle case that gripped the headlines recently...

Mel: Do you know about the recent case? Taxi knock down the motorcyclist.
Me: Hur? No ley. Dunno. But usually the motorcyclist asking for it la.
Mel: But he died ley! Won't the taxi driver feel guilty?
Me: If the motorcyclist like to anyhow cut in front of me, I got no chance to avoid and I end up killing him, I won't feel guilty. If his parents look me up, I'll square off with them and tell them straight that their son had it coming. And I want the money to repair my car to boot.
Mel: But he died ley! And as a car driver, don't you have the duty not to knock him down? It's unfair right?
Me: Well, you know it's unfair. He also knows he's at a disadvantage. So isn't it even more obvious that he's asking for it? You know car langa motorcycle motorcycle sure die. He also knows that. Yet he still don't care and ride recklessly.
Mel: He expects you to give way.
Me: He's taking me for granted. I don't like that. It's not fair that because they're disadvantaged they can expect us to give way to their antics and reckless behaviour.
Mel: But don't you see that it's wrong? A life was lost ley.
Me: I have no qualms running pedestrians down if they are prone to throwing themselves infront of my car. Really. Case in point (I point to a Bangra cyclist on the road), check out this guy. Not even motorcycle. Yet still dare to come second lane. I'm going to go close and stick to him. (I go up to behind the cyclist and brake till I'm tailgating him)
Mel: .... (covers eyes with hands)
Me: Nothing la. See. Passed already. This kind of people you have to scare. Let them know that they should stick to the pavement or something. No motor still so ya ya.
Mel: okay... but you know the taxi driver is purposely hit the guy one...
Me: Oh. Well. If you swerve into my lane I try to avoid then I hit you might justify me hitting you. But purposely abit hard. The guy must have pissed him off. But him purposely is like there already. Certified nuts.
Mel: Maybe it's a guy thing...
Me: *mumble*

After that conversation, we went on to talk about marriage.

No comments: