Friday, July 08, 2005

A politician needs a good voice

Switching on Channelnewsasia during durian time resulted in me being entralled by British PM Tony Blair speaking to a crowd of reporters about gas emissions and how China and India are consuming more energy than the other more well developed countries. Normally i'd just switch myself off when faced with such boring (no longer taking Geo so it doesn't matter!) issues. However, the voice of Mr Blair just made me sit down as I munched my durian and basically my eyes were glued to the television set for the next 1/2hr.

Blair has an excellent narrator's voice. One that would sound great as a DJ or as a movie narrator. He could probably even get away with being an actor thanks to his pretty boy looks. I kid you not. It's a shame that our local politicians kinda lack the ability to hold our attention. The current Lee almost made me fall asleep during the last Labour Day rally. Or was it some random PAP thingy that just happened to be showing on tv? Either way, I wasn't interested in what he had to say. Probably the only local politician that could hold my attention would be SM Lee. Ex-PM Goh almost made it. Almost. But SM Lee takes the cake la.

But still, they can't be compared to Blair. Blair's there already and I'll vote him for President anyday.

Bush on the other hand is just a monkey.

No comments: