Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The One with my DBS Letter

Since we're into the spirit of complaining... here's my complaint letter to DBS. Unreplied of course.

I would like to comment on some problems I encountered when I was on a recent trip to China; Shanghai. When I tried to pay for my purchases at 2 shopping centres there, they rejected my Mastercard which was a debit card. I was perturbed by this as after paying cash for those purchases, I was low on funds and I recalled I had not activiated my replacement card's PIN yet. Hence I wanted to call the 24hr Customer Service Line (6563272265) located behind my debit card to find out (i) was there any problem with my card as I still had to pay for some hotel bills and (ii) whether I could retrieve my PIN number to withdraw cash in the event that my card had further problems and was rejected by the hotel. I made a total of three calls on 11/12/04 alone at 7:03am, 7:05am and 11:37am totalling 17min 24sec of which the entire time I was put on hold awaiting an operator to attend to me. The blocks were 1min 17sec, 5min 29sec and 10min 38sec respectively. I was desperate as you can see on the final call as my situation was 'urgent' and required 'immediate attendance'. Of course, I was not given any service and when I received my Starhub bill after I returned from Shanghai, I was not amused that I had to pay a total of $49.3822 for this non-service. Is there any way I can claim this sum back from DBS? I can produce the necessary documents and the time of call has been stipulated as above so you can check on it to verify for yourself. I await your timely reply.

And yes DBS, I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh well this is the prob with DBS one of the local banking giants (so-called)... cust svc sux lah... alwaz better to get non local cards to get better cust svc... ;)

-weiwei