Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The One with the Ex-Girlfriend

The Ex-Girlfriend

Written by: Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld
Directed by: Tom Cherones
Broadcasted: January 23, 1991 for the first time.
Stars: Jerry Seinfeld, Michael Richards,
Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Tracy Kolis (as Marlene).

[Setting: Jerry's car]
GEORGE: She can't kill me right?!
JERRY: No, of course not.
GEORGE: People break up all the time.
JERRY: Everyday.
GEORGE: It just didn't work out. What can I do? I wanted to love her. I tried to love her. I couldn't.
JERRY: You tried.
GEORGE: I kept looking at her face. I'd go: "C'mon, love her. Love her!"
JERRY: Did you tell her you loved her?
GEORGE: Oh, I had no choice. She squeezed it out of me! She'd tell me she loved me. Alright, at first, I just look at her. I'd go "Oh, really?" or "Boy, that's, that's
something." But, eventually you have to come back with "Well, I love you." You know, you can only hold out for so long!"
JERRY: You're a human being.
GEORGE: And I didn't even ask her out. She asked me out first. She called me up. What was I supposed to do? Say no? I can't do that to someone.
JERRY: You're too nice a guy.
GEORGE: I am. I'm a nice guy.. (realizing) And she seduced me! We were in my apartment, I'm sitting on the couch, she's on the chair - I get up to go to the
bathroom, I come back, she's on the couch. What am I supposed to do? Not do anything? I couldn't do that. I would've insulted her.
JERRY: You're flesh and blood.
GEORGE: I had nothing to do wtih any of this! I met all her friends, I didn't want to meet them. I kept trying to avoid it. I knew it would only get me in deeper. But
they were everywhere! They kept popping up, all over the place. "This is Nancy, this is Susan, this is Amy.. This is my cousin.. this is my brother.. thisis my father."
It's like I'm in quicksand.
JERRY: I told you when I met her..
GEORGE: My back is killing me.
JERRY: You gotta go to my chiropractor, he's the best.
GEORGE: Oh yeah, everybody's guy is the best.
JERRY: I'm gonna make an appointment for you. We'll go together.
GEORGE: Please. They don't do anything.. Look, do I have to break up with her in person? CAn't I do it over the phone? I have no stomach for these things.
JERRY: You should just do it like a Band-Aid. One motion! Right off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bong bong... ure lyrics wrong liao. should be "morning moves the world on" in the first verse

우찌유 said...

Sob. I listening it on repeat like 10 times. Kinda hard to catch it.. WAAAHHH

Anonymous said...

i like this song a lot since that ad eons ago on tv.

go and watch him in concert! he's sure to sing this.

Reeve said...

This is one damn nice song... And the lyrics in the first verse is correct too...