Wednesday, October 08, 2008

20th Century Boys



I was kinda surprised when I saw this movie poster in bus stops and mrts. Primarily because I thought the manga was so convoluted and confusing that nobody would want to make a movie out of it. In fact, I gave up reading it after being a fan of 13 issues. It started off very nicely but then became a whole mess of conspiracy theories and whatnot that made me kinda sick of it even after I suspended my disbelief for like issues 11 thru to 13. Maybe I should go back to read it considering the movie is coming out and has been a big hit in Japan. Anyway, there's a link online to a kind soul's website that actually hosts scans of the entire series in English (I read mine in Chinese!).

http://www.onemanga.com/20th_Century_Boys/1/00/

The above link starts from chapter 1 page 1 and is quite comprehensive. Maybe readers here that are damn free (read: my PLC friends) can care to give it a try. Afterall it's free. :)

Official trailer: http://www.20thboys.com/index.html#/trailer/

No comments: