Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Exam Fever

It's hit me again. Every 1/2 year around this time, i'll be struck by the same bloody symptoms. It's not exactly a real fever per se, but rather... erm... i'll let the symptoms speak for themselves...

1) Sleeping too much + general lethargic-ness. I get this alot. It runs in line with procrastination. It's like i KNOW i have to study. i KNOW what i need to study. BUT I JUST CAN'T GET TO IT. It's like I get the ball rolling for a good 4hrs... then I K-O at my table. I'll then gradually think "why don't I just take an hour break and continue later? that'll be good..." so I crawl to my bed and snuggle in. Big mistake. 1 hr = 5 hrs. I can just esad. Sigh.

2) Eating too much. This goes in line with the above. it's like my body'll rather do ANYTHING BUT STUDY. it's unnerving when just after having a big dinner, like 3hrs later my tummy's growling again. with no supper prospects in sight, i turn to raid the fridge for fruits. not feeling satisfied, i turn to raid the storage department and proceed to whip up a 'good' supper involving salmon, pasta, mushrooms, veggies and ham. Feeling satisfied with my condiments, I headed downstairs to the Eblock kitchen. Bloody stove had no gas. I fiddled with the dials and the gas canister, half hoping it'll explode and end my exam-stress life there and then. But alas. No hiss of escaping gas or ANY gas for the matter. i then trudged to the next block to cook. that's 1.5hrs gone.

3) Blogging. YES. despite the lack of material on this blog, i actually have a wealth of half-fuck articles/blogposts like 1/2-3/4 done in my drafts folder. i open blogger.com/home and I rant away. but i never get around to finishing it due to my guilt eating away at me... urging me to study. STUDY ANYTHING. so i pick up my companies act.

4) Studying anything but the required text -- As mentioned above, i'm going through the companies act. But it's bad. why? COZ ITS NOT THE FREAKIN FIRST SUBJECT DUE ON TUESDAY NEXT WEEK AND ITS ALREADY END OF WEDNESDAY!. omg. freaking out now. This is another vice. studying ANYTHING but the required text. I am horrendously guilty of this. I'll pick up property - LLH's book for a good read. I'll do the freakin survey. I DID THE FOOKING NUSSU WELFARE SURVEY (of which I said they sucked. the least i could tell them was the truth~) and well. I am doing my company law preparation instead of CLT. Bear in mind I only covered chapter 1 and CHINESE LEGAL STUDIES (pui!)... i'd say i'm off to a greeeeeeaaaatttt start~

But guess what? I managed to quit a horrible vice. MSN. Ah yes. I keep seeing Kingman bent over her computer in her room due to MSN. luckily i can say i don't get addicted to it as much now. i'm sorry to those that leave messages and i reply 5hrs later. really.

Alright. that's around 20mins wasted. at least i'm posting this baby up. Ignore the non-capitalizations of certain sentences. i just don't give a shit right now.

1 comment:

cinewhore said...

I believe procrastination runs in the family. Just look at our father. And I sit on my ass most of the time instead of write. But sometimes I go crazy and get in the mood and bloody hell write until 4.30 in the morning.

So. I don't know what my point is.