Thursday, October 13, 2005

40-Year Old Virgin

My name is Andy. Well not exactly. But me and him, we share many similarities. For starters, we're both avid toy collectors. We both think that the ideal way to pass a weekend would be either to (i) make sandwiches (ii) custom toys (iii) play video games or (iv) read a frickin good book. Again, that was before we both respectively met our woman whom would help us sell our stuff on ebay (Though in my case I can do my own selling thank you very much). Perhaps my collection isn't worth half a million. But I'm sure it's about $50,000 easy. Yeah. I better get on my ass and start selling. It's always good to have a few extra thousands lying around.

Some people didn't really like the movie. Deemed it inappropriate. For me, I just thought it was fun, without being too lame. No really. I guess it wasn't too lame because it resonated with me. Just over a year plus ago when I was still stuck in the army, I actually sat down with a few fellow comic and toy collector geeks at this little cafe in orchard road contemplating our sad little lives. We'd lament on all sorts of rubbish. Like how the writer for a certain title is going overboard. Or overhyped. How the latest shortpacked figures are rubbish and cost like an arm and a leg but we'll still buy em anyway. If it's cheap enough, we'll buy 5. That sorta pathetic cock talk. Thinking back, it was pretty pathetic. We'll throw and bounce our knowledge gathered from WIZARD off each other and pretend that we know better. Right. To non-believers out there: Yes, the boxes do have to be kept in mint condition to preserve the integrity of the toy. My heart broke when she pushed him and squished the boxes. But no worries. The stuff in that scene were all cheapo stuff. The toys that he gave to her kids to open and play were all cheap toys too. I should know. I have them.

I don't even need to make a biography about myself. I can just pass this off as mine except a few changes in the title. Me being only 23 afterall. I still have 17 years to go. There's still hope.

1 comment:

cinewhore said...

But I'll admit - I winced too when the boxes got squashed on the bed. The inner geek in me still exists, I just beat him into submission most of the time, that's all.