Monday, November 17, 2008

This is a joke

After my great haul at the MPH bookfair/warehouse sale/whatnot at the expo over the weekend (fri and sunday to be exact), the POPULAR bookfair at suntec was a complete waste of my 10 minutes.



Touted as the largest and most successful bookfair in Singapore, it certainly lets one down as there was a maximum of only 20% off "storewide" and heavily marked up chinese books on discount (after you calculate, the prices are about the same as their original retail prices). If I had wanted 20% off I'd have hit POPULAR/HARRIS' bookstores during their sales. Why they are wasting money renting the exhibition hall is beyond my imagination.

*Shakes head*

The only people enjoying the sale were probably aunties buying assessment books for their children. Then again, they always do that at neighborhood POPULAR stores anyway.

No comments: