Monday, August 18, 2008

Warren Ellis on JLU

He writes the best dialogue. Period. I actually smirked when I saw this:

[Batman falling from a great height]

"Batman to all points, I could use some air support"

[Beat]

"Since I can’t fly"

[Beat]

"At all"

[Beat] [Still falling and almost reaching the ground]

"Now would be good"

[Superman swoops in to save him]

I'm sorry but I just had a Sheldon moment. (See the Big Bang Theory)



Stuff you don't really need to know:
Warren Ellis is a famed writer of comics and graphic novels, best known for Global Frequency (which was the source for an aborted WB network pilot originally set for early 2005). He also worked on Transmetropolitan and Planetary, a PC game (Hostile Waters) and any number of other works. This is his first work on a WB animated series.

Dark Heart
Episode Number: 62 Season Num: 3 First Aired: Saturday December 11, 2004 Prod Code: 362
When nanotech-based alien robots land in the American southwest and overwhelm the League, only the Atom, a microscopic super hero, can defeat them.

1 comment:

Isabelle, Singapore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.