Thursday, April 07, 2005

E Block Residents v. Flying Insects [2005] 4 KRH 02

HEADNOTES
Whilst many of you people were dancing to the beat of mambo last night at zouk, I was in my little 2nd floor room in KR defending my territory against swarms of invading insects. Unfortunately I was too tired and it frankly didn't cross my mind to take a picture of the actual attack and the carnage last night (as evident from the tons of insect bodies littering the corridoor). I did manage to take a few pictures this morning (left only the wings) and even managed to off a few surviviors from last night's mating genocide.

FACTS:
Twas the night of the mating season and these pesky insects that resembled 1/2 sized dragonflies at first glance attacked the E Block in a vicious swarm with mating orgasmic precision (it looks that way, but they were really just following one another):

Mating

I was first alerted to the attack by means of the screams of girls passing by our corridoor. Dismissing it as some silly girly game that was being played, I resumed my work. Amazingly none entered my room. Yet. Suddenly an MSN message popped up from a neighbour, alerting me to something disgusting and in his words, 'fucking sick' going on in the corridoor. Looking out, I realised that the corridoor was full of those sick dragon fly-y insects. Looked like a scene straight out of THE FLY:

Swarm

Slamming the door shut, I thought the worst was over. However, turning around, I found one with its wings intact, flapping on MY PILLOW. Feeling generous (Thou shalt not kill), I picked it up by its wings and deposited it outside the window. Turning back again, there were 3 more flapping on my bed and 2 more near my towel and bags. That's it. THIS MEANS WAR.

JUDGMENT:
Utilizing what little resources I had, I did the easiest thing I could think of. Take A4 size scrap paper, and dump my Contract Law textbook over it and clean it up in the morning. However, even the likes of McKendrick, Phang nor Beagle could stop the onslaught of the bloody insects. I had to resort to my Torts textbooks. And even my NUS Mug. To no avail. Didn't use Crim coz I was actually using it. With over 10 textbooks all over the floor and no end in sight, I thought of Plan B. Messier, but at least I won't be leaving my books all over the floor. Using the paper direct to pick up the bloody insects and CRUSH them, I managed to get around 20 balls of paper on my first try last night. Thankfully, the wave stopped and there was no second wave. Whew. Went out the corridoor to dispose of the bodies and saw my other fellow residents in the mist of disposing of bodies too. Some used the live ones still flying around for tennis practice (with a broom) whilst others just enjoyed a healthy game of STOMP THE BLOODY INSECTS leaving footprints and dead insects squashed in the centre all over the corridoor. Slept the entire night with the windows closed. Ugh.

AFTERNOTE:
Woke up this morning and a survivor crawled out from under my bed:

Survivor

Kinda blur picture, but it got me boiling again. I systematically whipped out a piece of paper (after taking this picture) and CRUSHED him:

Crushed

Hunting and prowling my room, I managed to find 2 more survivors STILL in the midst of mating. Stuck to each other. But because they were nearing my cupboard, I had to kill them. Quickly. Split them apart and used one paper for each. This resulted in 3 balls:

Balls

Finally, I went around the corridoor with my camera and managed to take a picture of a bunch of wings. This scene is duplicated almost entirely over our entire corridoor. So you can guess how bad it was last night:

Wings

All in all, the war was finally over and the E Block Residents were victorious. Hoo-ray. Now I gotta sprint for lecture @ 12. only 10 mins left!

No comments: